Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

Here are some pictures of our Halloween fun!

Madison spent a lot of time getting her costume just so, but when it came to trick-or-treating her enthusiasm waned quickly. Unfortunately (for me), when her candy runs out first she's going to have a fit.

By the way, Madison insisted I take pictures of her not smiling.









I'm so glad Jordan wanted to be a cat. I think it's the easiest costume ever! (Back when I had one child it was very important that she had an adorable, unique (meaning I sewed it) costume. Now that I have 5 children, I just hope to get them all in relatively cute costumes without breaking the bank.)

Jordan could have trick-or-treated all night. She had a blast. And she loved giving out candy as well. Except she kept telling kids they could take as much as they wanted.


McKenna was a pirate. Not just any pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow's niece, to be exact.

For the first time this year she went with a friend. It was kind of nice. Although this may have been part of the reason why Madison wasn't so excited about trick-or-treating. :P

Kennedy was a ball of fluff. I was so excited about her costume but she did not cooperate at all! I'm going to have to try and get better pictures later on. (In her defense, she was not feeling well. But I need at least one cute picture with her headband on.)


Jackson . . . well, Jackson and costumes don't mix. He wore his eyeballs, but that was it. I was going to take a picture of his friend Tony with his mask on and pretend it was Jackson, but thought it would be more fun to tease him about this when he's older. In fact, it took us about 10 minutes to convince him it was OK to stand next to Tony.

You should have been there when we stopped at a house down the street. They had rigged it so a ghoul dropped down from the trees above the sidewalk. Madison missed it the first time so Jared asked them to do it again. Unfortunately, Jackson was right below the ghoul. He FREAKED OUT. Their fog machines didn't help either. It was quite funny. (I know that sounds mean.) He even cried EVERY time we saw a girl from our ward who was wearing a mask that scared him. Hopefully he outgrows this fear somewhat by next year.



Aren't they cute? (Just ignore the fact that Jackson isn't wearing a costume and doesn't want to be in the picture and Kennedy is crying and won't wear her headband.)

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Your family is so cute! I can barely handle my two; I could not imagine getting 5 kids ready for Halloween. It always amazes me how individual each child can be. So funny!

D said...

I love the pictures! Rachel was so excited to see Jordan as a cat. She has kitty ears from a couple of years ago (that she still dresses up in quite often) and she was even a kitty to her preschool party (they said they would be getting messy and since her Ariel costume was already tearing, we went the kitty route). And I love McKenna's costume - at least the specifics of it :) And seriously with all the tutus going around I want to make one for Rachel! She is a little big, but she loved them in her dance class.

Poor Jackson - Jonathan would have freaked out too! We were at Lowes a while back and they had some scary figures and he didn't want to turn his back on them, but he didn't want to get too close, either.

Danielle said...

That's just so funny that Jackson refused to wear a costume. But the rest of your kids are downright adorable!

Catherine said...

I like Maddie's serious face in her costume. I told sierra to give me some attitude for her devil photo:). Your kids look cute! Jackson could have been a hunter in his camo!