Monday, October 27, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone?

I really have nothing to post as I have been spending much of my time painting the kids' room. I finally got it all painted, but when the new door got installed (can you believe it?) the baseboard on one wall got slightly messed up. And what do you do with imperfect baseboard? Why, replace it with new, much taller, baseboard OF COURSE! Not only that, but we are going to put molding around the closet. I think we will also put it around the window but I have to contemplate that a little longer. (Will it look funny without a window sill? I can't really decide but I am not sure there is room for a window sill, not to mention that just might put Jared over the edge. :) I'm sure it will look beautiful when it's all done . . . but then we will have to do the same to the other two bedrooms. (Once you start replacing baseboard and molding you just can't stop.)

The other thing I have been doing is setting up my sister's blog. This is usually best left to Danielle, but since she has only met my sister a couple of times and she did just have a baby, I really didn't think I could ask her to do it. So I found a digital scrapbooking video tutorial at Shabby Princess and figured out how to make a header. Then I copied and pasted the set-up Danielle used for my blog and voila! I created a blog for my sister. You can check out my handy work by clicking here if you'd like.

Well, I need to get started painting all that new molding. I'll post pictures once I actually finish a room.

P.S. Thank you Grandma Beanie for watching Jackson and Kennedy while I painted. You're a lifesaver!

3 comments:

D said...

Cute header! Good job!

Catherine said...

great job on the post! can't wait to see the new paint and baseboards.

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see all the updates/renovations in your house next time we're down!