Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Productive?

On paper, yesterday was fairly productive. I finished a blog for my parents, sewed Kennedy's tutu for her Halloween costume (pictures to come), finished painting the molding for the kids' room, and Jared and I cut the molding for 3 of the 4 walls in the kids' room. Not to mention Kennedy started taking her first steps. However, there is a down side. Removing the old molding was a PAIN. We put several holes in the drywall (luckily they will be covered by the new molding) and pulled the carpet up from the tack strip. Unfortunately the new molding is thicker than the old molding so it doesn't fit between the carpet and the wall. We will have to float the molding over the carpet. Not so bad, except we need to purchase a carpet stretcher (luckily only $29 at Harbor Freight) so we can stretch the carpet first. Nothing is ever as easy as it should be in home improvement. The good news? The new molding looks amazing even though it's not nailed in. And Jared only swore one time during the hole process! :)

2 comments:

Grandma Beanie said...

You are really getting a lot done! I am anxious to see it.

D said...

I can't wait to see it! And it is funny how "home improvement" brings out the worst in a husband's mouth, isn't it :P I really felt bad for our neighbors (yes the ones all the way across the green belt) when Sterling was building that chicken coop last Christmas! It is always more comical after the fact though :)