This post is really for my sisters. So feel free to ignore it. When Jackson was born (nearly 4 years ago) I bought the letters for Jordan and Jackson's names. They sat in the drawer until Kennedy was born, at which point I bought the letters for her name. I finally got around to painting them. I was going to hang them individually, but decided I didn't really want 50 holes in the wall. Luckily, Jared had acquired a router for $10 when he purchased a table saw from someone on Craig's List. So we got a long piece of mdf, cut it to the appropriate lengths, routed them, painted them and sanded them. And Voila! This is what I ended up with.

In the mean time, I came across these unfinished frames at Michaels for $1. I painted, sanded and clear-coated them.

My sister Brittany was much smarter than me. She just got some scrapbook paper which she adhered to the letters. Much simpler than painting them! Duh! Why didn't I think of that?
*You have to look closely to see all the details. Like the fact that I sanded each letter individually. And did you notice the frames and letters match?
In the mean time, I came across these unfinished frames at Michaels for $1. I painted, sanded and clear-coated them.
My sister Brittany was much smarter than me. She just got some scrapbook paper which she adhered to the letters. Much simpler than painting them! Duh! Why didn't I think of that?
*You have to look closely to see all the details. Like the fact that I sanded each letter individually. And did you notice the frames and letters match?
5 comments:
Jan, I'm coming to you for help when I finally have kids' rooms to decorate.
They turned out really cute. I MAY do that in Cody and Bailey's room. We'll have to see.
Wow I can't believe you painted all of that detail! I thought it was scrapbook paper because they are so perfect. I love the colors and patterns.. they are so cute! Come to my house too!
adorable!
Wow!! That is beautiful! It's even more amazing that you painted them. You might put off doing projects, but you sure do a great job when you do them. I wish MY unfinished projects looked that cool.
Post a Comment