We've only had Bella for 4 or 5 months. The girl across the street found her. She posted ads, but never found the owner. So Jared took her in. Come to find out, three or four different people on our street had attempted to keep Bella, but she kept jumping over their fences. Bella was an escape artist. For the first two months we had her she would escape on a daily basis. She either managed to jump over the fence, or would just break through the wood on the gates. It seems like Jared was constantly raising fences or reinforcing gates. Well, the last time she managed to get out was about 6 weeks ago. We thought our backyard was safe. So we left Saturday to go watch fireworks in Heber. Somehow, she managed to break more wood off one of the gates and got out.
Bella was a great dog for the kids. Kennedy and Jackson would lay on her and pull her ears all day long. And Jordan loved her! In fact, she was really Jordan's dog. Jordan slept on the floor with her for weeks after we got her. But McKenna and especially Jared, took the news the hardest. Bella will definitely be missed.
Jared and the kids are already talking about possibilities for a new dog (not a puppy!). Even I (I am not a dog person and really dislike actually owning a dog) find myself looking for her, thinking I better pick this or that off the floor so she doesn't chew it.
Here are a few pictures of Bella.
3 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about that. You sound like you really miss her, Jan. I suppose you got attached to her after all?
Ohh, that is so sad. I am so sorry. She was a neat dog. It is funny (not really the right word) how you can be attached to animals and sometimes not even realize it. I think dogs especially. They just have a way of making themselves part of your family.
oh, that makes me cry. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for your kids. that's hard so lose a pet.
Post a Comment