Sunday, June 21, 2009

Since it's Father's Day . . .

I thought I would say some nice things about Jared. I tend to mostly mention his "quirks" while I am blogging.

  1. It's been a long, emotional year for me. (I am usually not an emotional person at all.) Jared has been very patient and supportive. I'm sure I have driven him crazy many times, but he has been there for me without complaint.
  2. Jared knows a little bit about everything. (He knows a LOT about some things, like bikes and Land Cruisers.)
  3. Jared makes me do things I don't want to do. Like go to the lake, or go camping. This may sound bad, but my brothers would tell you it is definitely for my benefit. I would lead a very boring life if not for Jared. And I always have fun.
  4. Jared often likes to take the long way. He loves back roads and driving through small towns, as opposed to boring freeways. Occasionally this just makes for a long trip, but more often than not we have a lot of fun along the way. Not to mention seeing some interesting sights.
  5. Jared loves to take Jackson with him on Saturdays. Jackson's carseat even has a permanent location in the front passenger seat of the Land Cruiser. (Don't worry, there's no air bag.)
  6. Jared can fix almost anything. (Occasionally this is not a good thing. Like when he kept on fixing my old vacuum cleaner when all I really wanted was a new one with attachments.) We've saved a lot of money on repairmen over the years.
  7. Jared pretty much lets me do whatever I want. And he never gets mad about me spending money. (If you know us well enough, you know why. :)
  8. Jared can always make me laugh.
  9. Jared's given me 5 beautiful children. And he never once complained about having another girl. He loves the girls. The father-daughter campout is one of the highlights of the year for all of them. And you should see him beam when they can wakeboard better than any of his scouts.
  10. Jared is "blind". He always thinks I look good, even if I don't. Like after I've just had a baby and need to lose 20 (or 30 or 40) pounds. He still thinks I look good. Like when it's a bad hair day. He ALWAYS comments on how much he likes my hair. (Seriously, he's like a barometer. Whenever I'm thinking I just have to get my hair cut, that's when Jared likes it the most.)
Anyway, there's a lot of great things about Jared. I know I mostly make fun of him, but I really do love him.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

sooooo sweet. love it Jan!