Dried Cranberry Tossed Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette Dressing
1 bunch red leaf lettuce

1 bunch romaine lettuce
1 bunch spinach leaves
2/3 cup craisins
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup candied almonds
slices of red onion (I did not include this because I forgot to buy a red onion.)
Dressing:
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 cup vegetable oil
For dressing: stir sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved. Add dry mustard, salt, and poppy seeds. Pour into jar with vegetable oil. Shake well.
Wash lettuce and spinach leaves; tear into pieces for salad. Right before serving, add vinaigrette dressing, craisins, mandarin oranges and candied almonds. Toss well.
* You only need to halve the salad dressing recipe. Make that and the candied almonds in advance, and then the salad can be pulled together in just a couple of minutes.
3 comments:
So, did you make your own candied almonds or buy them. If you made them - how do you do it??
Sounds like a yummy salad. I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing.
You guys are always so good about making yummy salads. My "salads" are a head of lettuce and a bottle of ranch dressing. I really need to learn from you guys. Maybe I'll try this one.
this salad was soo good - thanks for the recipe. i even liked the dressing - which i usually only want a splash of.
Post a Comment