Monday, July 21, 2008

City of Mesa Semi-Final Swim Meet . . . Well, Almost

All three of the girls made it to the city semi-final swim meet. Way to go! Jordan swam backstroke, but she wasn't one of the fastest eight, so she didn't qualify for the final meet. But considering that at the beginning of the season I was afraid she might get kicked off the team for not being able to swim across the pool, she surpassed any of our expectations! I'm sure next year she'll give them all a run for their money. Madison swam freestyle, butterfly and breaststroke. She didn't qualify in freestyle, is an alternate in butterfly and came in second in breaststroke. All she cares about is placing in the top three so she gets a medal instead of a ribbon. She should do it unless she spends too much time looking sideways to see how the other swimmers are doing (hence her alternate placement in butterfly). And McKenna . . . well, that's where things went awry. It was a split meet, and as they were letting the older kids warm up it started to rain. No big deal. We could see lots of blue sky around us. But within 5 minutes it was pelting rain. Literally pelting. It stung. Jackson and Jordan were crying on the way to the car because it hurt so bad. We all got soaked. Of course I was wearing white pants. I would have been embarrassed except I don't think anyone even cared to notice. Anyway, we finally made it home. And I didn't even have to ask my kids to put their seatbelts on. That's a first! Monsoon weather is crazy. I don't think there has been a drop of rain at our house. Needless to say, the second half of the meet was rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 6 am. What fun!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I remember the swim meets. Those were good times. Congrats to your girls and good luck to McKenna!!