Monday, February 2, 2009

Not a Great Start to the Week

I was hoping to get so much done today: sheets washed, rooms cleaned and vacuumed, pictures hung, family home evening lesson prepared, etc. You know the type of day. I was doing pretty well, right up until I pulled the clothes out of the dryer (never mind I washed them on Saturday and they were still in the dryer :). To my horror, what did I find? Melted PURPLE crayon. Yep. Six t-shirts, 2 dress shirts, 3 socks, 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of underpants covered in purple crayon. Luckily the rest of the batch came out unscathed, had such a small amount of purple crayon that I'm not going to let it bother me, or was clothes I don't care enough about to remove the melted PURPLE crayon (like the shirt Jackson wore to paint in and the Gymboree outfit that was a garage sale find for McKenna when she was a baby).

This has happened before. I can usually get most of the crayon out with some Goof Off and a LOT of effort. But I had plans for today. Lots of plans. So I think I'll save the 6 t-shirts, 2 dress shirts, 3 socks, 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of underpants that are covered in melted PURPLE crayon until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Don't you just love those days. It's like one thing goes wrong and everything else you've planned goes out the window.

Natalie

Catherine said...

ohhh. soooo sorry. hate that!