Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Big Hole

Our pool really doesn't seem that big, that is, until it's empty. Then you realize that is one big hole in your backyard. So here's a picture of the girls standing in the empty pool. Hopefully the picture does justice to the actual size of the pool.

Today they came a removed the plaster with sledge hammers. Have a look.

Here's a slightly closer view. What a mess!

Hopefully in a few days the new plaster job will be finished and we'll have a nice, blue, algae-free pool.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That is a big hole!!

Laura said...

Wow, that looks like a nice, cheap undertaking. Ugh. I can hear the wallet thinning. (hee,hee) But it'll be so nice to have a pool when the warm weather comes soon!!

I'm jealous, actually. Swimming outside in Colorado - even in the dead of summer - is too cold without a pool heater. It just cools off too much at night with our high altitude. But, I'll live vicariously through your lives. :)

Michelle said...

That picture looks photo shopped of the girls standing in the pool. It must be deep! I can't imagine what that project costs. We have an unknown leak near our pool and I'm afraid of a crack! Did yours have a leak?

BonnieG said...

Those pictures look oh so familar to me. It hasn't been a whole year yet since we resurfaced our pool. You picked the perfect time to redo it. Have fun swimming next summer! It will be so much easier to keep clean and clear.