Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jackson's Primary Talk

(I'm a little late on this one, but thought I should post it so I don't forget the story.)

Two Sundays ago, Jackson was assigned the talk in Primary. Since he's been in Primary all of a month I knew it probably wouldn't go very well. But it was a short talk -- only 4 or 5 sentences -- about family, so I hoped for the best. I sat with him at the front of the room. Actually, it was only me sitting. Jackson was lying on the floor. The poor chorister had to step over and around him. :) When it was time for the talk I dragged Jackson to the podium and attempted to get him to stand up. All to no avail. I thought maybe he would at least hold up the picture of our family, but no, the chorister had to do that. I ended up giving the talk, all the while struggling to stand Jackson up so at least they could see his face. In the end the talk turned out exactly as I had expected, although I had hoped for a better outcome.

(But really, what were they thinking assigning a brand-spanking-new Sunbeam a talk? At least give him a few months to feel more comfortable with the whole situation. He still asks me if he can go play with the toys in nursery instead of going to Primary. I'm just glad once he gets there he stays.)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I agree. In our ward, they always waited until A LOT later in the year to give the sunbeams opening exercises.

What were they thinking?!