Much to Jared's chagrin, about a month ago I found this little beauty sitting on the side of the road. I went to their front door and found that they were just giving it away. It's fairly poor quality, but with a paint job it will serve as a buffet in my kitchen. But unfortunately my mom is on a mission so I'm not sure when it will get painted. :P
Monday, June 14, 2010
A Finished Project
Just before Thanksgiving I found this dresser at a garage sale. They wanted $15, but they took $10. It's solid wood! What a steal! (Someone started to refinish it but gave up.)
Luckily my parents decided at the last minute to come for Thanksgiving. And of course my mom couldn't wait to get to work on the dresser. It took a lot of elbow grease and a lot of trial and ERROR (which required more elbow grease), but eventually we found a combination of two stains that produced a finish similar to the coffee table we already owned. Here's the final product. Sorry it's not a great picture.
It truly is beautiful. And I figure the total cost was under $50, since my mom offered so much free labor. Thanks, Mom!
(No, the other drawer is not missing. It's just hidden behind the dresser. Who know why.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will come over and help you if you help me paint my side table and coffee table :)
Post a Comment