Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lake Powell Triathlon

(I know I have a lot to catch up on, but in the meantime, here's an interesting post.)

Last Saturday Jared and his friends went to Lake Powell to do another sprint triathlon. The weather was great, and despite cold water, they had a great time. Here they are in their wetsuits -- well, half-way in their wetsuits. :)
Three of them even got medals -- including Jared. He got 3rd place in the Clydesdale division. Marc got first. And Craig got 3rd place overall for all the men. Way to go!
(If you hadn't figured it out already, the Clydesdale division is for those on the heftier side of the scale. :)

Here they are with their t-shirts on after the race.
They're already planning on doing another one in Las Vegas in the spring. (I just need one of the other wives to join in so I don't feel like the odd one out. :) I'm not sure if Craig knew what he was doing when he challenged them all to a triathlon. But I'm glad he did. We're all in much better shape!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I was going to make some wisecrack about the Clydesdale division sounding like the chunky-man's division... AND IT IS! LOL!

But still, I'm impressed he's competing in triathalons. I mean, I don't even want to walk to the park today.

Natalie said...

Impressive!