Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Crazy Thursdays

I HATE Thursdays. Well, after about 3:30 anyway.

3:30
Pick Jordan and Jackson up from the bus stop (although today it was finally cool enough for them to walk home!!)

4:00
Drive the junior high carpool

4:30
Madison tumbling
(6 miles EAST of our house)

4:45
Jackson football
(1 mile WEST of our house)

5:00
Pick McKenna up from swim team (luckily close to football practice!)

5:30
Jordan soccer
(4 miles EAST of our house)

5:45
Pick Jackson up from football
(1 mile WEST of our house)

6:00
Pick Madison up from tumbling
(6 miles EAST of our house)

6:30 Pick Jordan up from soccer
(luckily between tumbling and our house)


I seriously spend my afternoon zig-zagging across town. It's exhausting. You wouldn't think spending 3 hours in the car would wipe me out, but it does. Maybe it's the mental exertion of keeping track of which kid goes where and at what time?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having girls old enough to babysit. But on days like today, I really miss having only little kids at home.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm with you, these kinds of days ARE exhausting. In fact, I was employed as a nanny with only 3 children exactly because of that fact!

Motherhood: NOT for the faint of heart!

Tom and Shauna said...

Only a Mom who loves her kids would do it. Just remember pretty soon then will be old enough to take themselves and then you sit worrying!!! Grandma H.