Friday, August 12, 2011

First Day of School

(I've got a lot of catching up to do, but for now I'll at least try to keep current happenings posted.)

Usually it's kind of nice to get back to school and get into a routine. Although I'm never excited when all the activities get going and I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off from the time my kids get home from school until the time I go to bed. (Notice I didn't say until the time my kids go to bed because more often than not I beat many of them to bed!) But this year McKenna's classes start at 6:45. That's 6:45 A.M. Holy cow! I want more sleep!

Here she is, looking all cute. It's her first day of high school (10th grade).

Next come Jordan and Jackson. Their bus doesn't pick them up until a respectable 8 a.m. Thank goodness! (I can get a little nap after McKenna leaves but before they wake up, at least on the days I don't drive. :)

It's Jackson's first day of kindergarten. ALL. DAY. KINDERGARTEN. Can you believe it? I'm down to one kid at home. It's been 12 years since I've only had one kid at home. Hallelujah! He's so excited. He says he doesn't need any help getting from the bus to his classroom. And he can't believe how many boys are in his class. (He's definitely a minority around our house.)

Jordan's in 4th grade this year. She has an awesome teacher so I know she'll have a great year. And she's being such a great sister making sure Jackson is comfortable on the bus and getting around school.

Madison is in her first year of junior high (7th grade). They don't start until 9:05 but she's one of the first ones up so she can get "ready". She takes longer to get ready than anyone I know. And she generally goes through about 5 outfits in the process, all of which end up on her bedroom floor. (I'm sure I'll be completely gray by the time she's all grown up!)

Last, but not least, Kennedy's in pre-school. It's only two days a week for two hours, but I LOVE those two hours. The house is quiet. It stays clean. And I get a lot of stuff done. But of course the most important thing is that she's learning so much. Ha! Ha! I'm just grateful she loves preschool. I was afraid she would have separation anxiety as she's such a mama's girl, but she hasn't at all.

Just a little side note. McKenna's on the swim team. Between that, starting school so early and homework, her goal tonight is to come home from swim practice, eat and go to bed. It's the 3rd day of school. It's FRIDAY, and my teenager can't wait to come home and go to bed! She's growing up. Awwwwwww. It makes a mother proud.

1 comment:

Tom and Shauna said...

We loved seeing all the kids as they go off to school. It is really beginning to seem like we have been gone a long time because they all look so much older.

Mckenna hasn't changed so much but she is still as pretty as ever.

Jackson looks go grown up compared to what he was when we left.

I don't think I have ever seen Jordan with her hair like that, but it sure is cute.

Madison definately looks alot older. I love her hair like that with the curl, but I am sure it takes alot of time to do. Keep it up Madison, but don't neglect your home work. I would probably be a good idea to hang up the clothes you don't wear each morning.

Kennedy isn't a baby any more. I am sure glad she likes school. Maybe she didn't need Mom as much as she thought. Mom definitely needs a little break!!!

We love seeing all the pictures. We look almost everyday when we are home to see if there are any new pictures posted. So keep them coming.