Thursday, January 6, 2011

Look What I Did!

Since life has been so easy and uneventful lately (ha! ha!), I decided to spice things up a little. So here's what I did:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LUCKILY, it appears no one was seriously hurt.

AMAZINGLY, I didn't panic, freak out or cry. I was completely calm. Even when I saw the guy pull out in front of me and I knew there was no way I could stop before I hit him I remained totally calm. I just said to myself, "You're going to hit him." And then I did. (After hitting the brakes, of course.)

HOPEFULLY it is all his fault. Everyone agrees it should be his fault. He even admitted guilt and apologized profusely after we moved our cars off the main road. Although that's not exactly what he told the cop. But since I have yet to hear from his insurance company I'm not sure how they feel about it.

SADLY, they towed my car away today. In a few days we should know if it's totaled or not. Since we recently changed the timing belt, got new tires, registered for 2 years, and filled up with gas we're hoping they fix it.

AMAZINGLY Jared was not one bit mad. Not even upset. He happened to be in the garage when I got home. When he saw the car he got a shocked look on his face. Then he smiled and asked me if I'd had a bad day. (He loves me.) Of course he will be a little upset if it is totaled. Mostly because of the money we will lose on the aforementioned items.

ODDLY, Jared is most concerned about the miles I am putting on his Land Cruiser. Since we have 3 cars I didn't opt for rental insurance. (Thought I'd save a few bucks each month.) So until the other driver's insurance company admits liability we don't know if a rental car would be covered. Jared wants to get one anyway so I don't put miles on his precious Land Cruiser. He'll drive it out of state to go elk hunting but heaven forbid I put a few miles on it taking the girls to tumbling, etc. :) And if I were to wreck his Land Cruiser . . . well let's not go there. (I'm laughing as I type this just thinking about how each mile is irking him. Maybe I'll take a road trip. Ha! Ha!)

I just hope this little bump in the road (literally!) doesn't turn into a major road block.

3 comments:

Tom and Shauna said...

Jan,
I do not recall you being in an accident before, while behind the wheel. Is this a first?

Dad

Danielle said...

Aw man! I'm glad everyone is okay. And tell Jared he can "stick in his ear" about the miles. :P

Tom and Shauna said...

So, what is the status of the vehicle?