Monday, December 13, 2010

A Birthday and A Cake

We finally got around to celebrating Kennedy's birthday a few days late. But she didn't know the difference and it was sure a lot more enjoyable to celebrate it on Sunday than try and squeeze it in between practices, concerts and games.

It's hard to believe our baby is three. THREE. And she starts primary in January . How did this happen? Time really does pass faster the older you get.

Since Kennedy loves horses (neigh-neighs as she calls them) and LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the color purple, I found this cute purple pony and that became the theme for the cake. Working with fondant was much easier the second time round. I even used gum paste for the decorations on top of the cake. It was really easy to work with but unfortunately the fondant and gum paste took the food coloring differently so the pinks aren't the same. Oh well. She's 3. I'm sure she didn't notice. :)
And since we have plenty of toys Kennedy had to be content with mostly necessities -- clothes, shoes and hair accessories. But she had a lot of fun opening the gifts.
She got so embarrassed when we sang to her. At least she didn't run away like she did when they sang to her in nursery.

And after 3 or 4 tries she even managed to blow out the candles!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Once again, I'm so impressed. Your cakes are really cool. I'm not even going to try to attempt something like that. :)

Tom and Shauna said...

Way to go Kennedy! Congratulations and our best wishes. Wish we could have been there.

Gramps and Grandma

Natalie said...

The cake looks great and Kennedy has hair! When did that happen?

the Flammers said...

You're practically a professional. The cake looks great. I can't believe how much older Kennedy looks - and all that hair. wow.