The only problem is Madison wants to dive right in and sew some quite complicated things. She doesn't understand what could possibly be so difficult about gathers, linings and zippers - all in one pattern, of course. I'm trying to get her to tackle one at a time. We'll see who wins out! :)
Thursday, February 18, 2010
SEW Cute!
Madison started a sewing class right after Christmas. She made a cute bag, an "M" pillow and then she made this skirt:
Not only is it cute, but it was cheap. The ribbon and material cost about $6, the shirt was $3.50 at WalMart, and the shoes were free from Catherine. A brand new outfit for under $10. You can't beat that.
The only problem is Madison wants to dive right in and sew some quite complicated things. She doesn't understand what could possibly be so difficult about gathers, linings and zippers - all in one pattern, of course. I'm trying to get her to tackle one at a time. We'll see who wins out! :)
The only problem is Madison wants to dive right in and sew some quite complicated things. She doesn't understand what could possibly be so difficult about gathers, linings and zippers - all in one pattern, of course. I'm trying to get her to tackle one at a time. We'll see who wins out! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is very cute. What pattern is it. I need to make Caelie some skirts. Caelie really wants to sew also.
LLLOOOOVVVEEEEEE that skirt! way to go, Maddie!
Madison, I am so proud of you. It looks terrific.
thank you!!!!!!!!!! P.S. this is maddie
Way to go Mad Hatter!
Gramps
Madison this a a very cute skirt and I really like the material, but most of all I like you!
It would be great to see some of the pictures from the recital.
Post a Comment