Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Month in Review

OK. So it's been over a month since I posted. I guess I'll just summarize all of our goings-on.

We started with a family campout with Sterling and Debbie and kids, Sean and Mary, and Spencer and Grace. (Although when the men spend most of their time hunting javelina, it's really not a family campout.)

Here's Rachel, Jonathan, Jordan and Jackson. They were so misbehaved we had to lock them in the trailer. :) Seriously, they had all that room to run around and explore and where did they want to play? In the trailer. Go figure.

This was Kennedy's first camping trip. If a dirty face has anything to do with enjoying camping, it's obvious she LOVED it.

Luckily Michelle and Pacer brought their kids up to spend a day with us.

Here are Madison and Hannah being goofy.

I have a million pictures of Jackson but it is impossible to get a good picture -- he will not look at you for long enough! So here's about the best I got.

And of course, what fun would a camping trip be without time in the water? I think they are all insane. You know that water is COLD!

A few days later my sister Brittany, her husband James, and my mom came to visit for a few days. Unfortunately Brittany and McKenna got the flu right in the middle of the visit. But we had a good time. And two important things happened.
1) Brittany and James felt warm for the first time since returning home from Thailand (that was the real purpose of their visit :)
2) James installed a fan in the kids' bathroom. (Thank you, thank you , thank you.) This means my kids can now shower in their own bathroom. Yeah! But I feel bad that James had to spend so much of his vacation in our attic.
Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess they will just have to come back again. :)

Last week was spring break. We kept the kids busy with sleepovers, play dates and swimming! Yes, my kids swam in the pool for the first time this year. They only lasted about 30 minutes, but they sure had fun. Kennedy didn't swim but had a blast throwing odds and ends in the pool for the kids to retrieve. (As you can see from the picture the pool is finished*, although there are a few landscaping issues. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have algae problems this year!)

*I guess you can't really tell from the picture that the pool is finished. Sorry about the poor quality of the picture.

For the last couple of days of spring break we went with Pacer and Michelle to the cabin. The weather was great -- nice enough to eat outside but not hot enough that the cabin ever got uncomfortably warm. Of course there was way too much good food so we had to walk if off a couple of times a day.

Here's a group shot (minus Rebekah). Jordan just had a meltdown over who got to walk the dog. (Unfortunately there were more than a few of those).

Jordan and Paige having fun in the cold, cold water.

This is the only picture I got of McKenna. She didn't accompany us on all of the walks.

Cute Madison.

Jordan's lovely face. Jared was trying to get her to quit pouting long enough for a picture, but this is what the result was.

Again, it's hard to get a good picture of Jackson. He either won't smile or he won't look at you long enough to snap the picture.

Luckily, Kennedy fell asleep on every walk we took. You can't ask for anything better than that.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

After yesterday, I was kind of hoping for a post with an announcement. jk. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the cabin. And I can't believe you're swimming already. Today Justin found his swim shorts and said, "These are for swimming. We need to take them to Arizona's house. We have a swimming pool there." :P

Michelle said...

Your pictures are awesome! Do you love your new camera? Your shots of the kids are all so cute. I love those Arizona streams. You had a lot of outdoor fun. What can be better than that?

Catherine said...

It looks like you had a great month with lots of good times! I hope Jared feels bad that HE wasn't the one to install the bathroom fan...even though he should've years ago:). I'm going to have to give him a hard time.